Revised & Approved October 8, 2018
Registration: All patrons must have a valid Lincoln County Public Library card to borrow items. You must provide your library card or identification each time you check out materials. Adults may obtain a library card by presenting a picture ID. Young adults and juveniles may obtain a library card by having a parent/legal guardian’s photo ID and signature. You must be present to fill out an application. Replacement cost of your card is $2.00. Library cards will not be issued within 30 minutes prior to closing.
All Lincoln County and Kentucky residents aged 2 years and up are eligible to receive a library card. Patrons are responsible for all materials checked out on their card. Patrons are allowed only one (1) card from the Lincoln County Public Library. Juveniles may not use an adult’s card. New applicants may be allowed to borrow 2 items, and their cards will be mailed to them. Computer passes are available for residents out of state. Digital Use Only cards may be issued to Lincoln County students to utilize online library resources. These cards will be issued when a parent/ legal guardian’s signature cannot be obtained.
Until a library card has been reported lost or stolen to the circulation desk, the borrower will be held financially responsible for the materials borrowed and the charges incurred on the card. Please remember, if you borrow materials on your card for someone other than yourself, you are still held responsible for those items. If you allow someone to borrow your card, you will still be held responsible for those items.
Patrons who incur more than $5.00 in fines become ineligible to borrow materials until fine is paid to below $5.00.
Circulation: Total of 30 Items
- Limit of 20 hardback books. Circulation period is two weeks and may be renewed twice. (Limit of 5 new (14 day) books. Limit of 5 books by the same author. No more than 3 non-fiction books per subject). Further restrictions at the discretion of the librarian. There will be a $.05 per book per day fine assessed for books that are returned late.
- Books on the Reserve List may not be renewed.
- Genealogy books do not circulate. However, we will provide up to five (5) copies free of charge from genealogy books.
- Limit of 20 children’s books.
- Replacement fee: $15.00 per hardback or trade paperback book. $5.00 per paperback
- Limit of 5 magazines. Circulation period is two weeks and may be renewed twice. There will be a $.05 per magazine per day fine assessed for magazines that are returned late.
- Replacement fee: $2.00
- Limit of 5 Audio books. Circulation period is two weeks and may be renewed twice. There will be a $.15 per Audio book per day fine assessed for Audio books that are returned late.
- Replacement fee: $15.00 per audio disc.
- Limit of 5 DVDs per card. Circulation period is 14 days. $1.00 overdue fine per day per DVD
- DVD’S are not renewable.
- Must be 18 to check out blue label DVD’s. Patrons 13-17 will be allowed to check out Green, Pink, and Yellow label movies. Patrons 2-12 will be allowed to check out Pink and Yellow label movies.
- Library is not responsible for damage to your DVD player. You are responsible for checking the DVD rating. DVD’s are for home use only (No public performance or copying).
- Lost or damaged DVD, Audio book or CD cases will be $5.00 to replace. Lost or damaged paper covers will be $2.00 to replace.
- One DVD per library card may be reserved.
- DVD Replacement fee is $15.00 per DVD. (DVD Series will be $15.00 per DVD in series)
Damaged Materials Fines:
- The library reserves the right to assess fines for any materials that are damaged. Including, but not limited to: tears, stains, and odors.
- Limit of 1 game per card. Circulation period is 14 days. $1.00 overdue fine per day
- Replacement fee: Replacement cost of the item
- Limit of 1 Kits per card. Circulation period is 14 days. $0.50 overdue fine per day
- Replacement fee: Replacement cost of the items included in the kit
- If you cannot find an item in its proper place, you may submit a request at the Circulation Desk.
- If we do not have an item, you may leave the title and we will consider its purchase.
- If we do not have a book, we can try and borrow it from another library for you through our “Interlibrary Loans.” This service is for books only. We are unable to borrow books under six months old, textbooks, movies, CD’s or Audio books.
Return of Materials:
- You may return your items at our circulation desk or we have a drop box at the back entrance (parking lot side) for your convenience. Drop box is open at all times.
- Overdue notices will be sent if items become overdue.
- The date due slip serves as the first notice to our patrons.
- Fines may be paid by cash, credit card, check or money order at the Circulation Desk. Fines may also be paid by mail with a check made payable to Lincoln County Public Library.
- Books that are 60 days or more overdue are considered lost. A billing will be made for the cost of the item.
We strive to maintain an environment that is conducive to library activities. Please help us by placing your phone on silent. Please take all calls in the lobby or outside.