Search our catalog for Genealogy materials.
Books related to genealogy, Kentucky history, Kentucky biographies, ghost stories, cookbooks, etc., can all be found in the Kentucky Room.
Some key Lincoln Co. resources for genealogists:
- Westward into Kentucky
- Early Lincoln Co History
- Benjamin Logan, Kentucky Frontiersman
- Lincoln Co Records Vol. I-III
- Buffalo Springs Cemetery Books
- Archaeological Investigations at Logan’s Fort
- Marriage Indexes
- Lincoln County High School Yearbooks
The following materials are available on microfilm:
- Interior Journal 1872-2008
- Draper Manuscripts, Kentucky Papers
- Kentucky Agriculture & Manufacturing Census 1850-1880
- Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps for City of Stanford 1886-1929
- Index to Citizens & Freedmen of the Cherokee Tribe
Obituary Card File: Catalog of obituaries from The Interior Journal.
Family Files and Family Histories: The vertical files contain over 800 family surnames. Many Family Histories have been gifted to LCPL. They can be found by searching the online catalog under the name of the family, for example, “Fox Family”.
The following items are available for purchase:
- Marriages 1780-1850 & Tombstone Inscriptions – $12
- Marriages 1850-1900 & 1850 Census – $15
- Mrs. Dunn’s Early Lincoln County History – $10
- Historic Homes of Lincoln County – $5
- The Great Settlement Map – $5
Please ask at the circulation desk. Books can be mailed. Please add an additional $3.00 for postage for each book. 6% sales tax NOT included.
Ancestry Library Edition: Discover your family history using Ancestry Library Edition for free (only available in the library).
Newspapers.com: Available in the library to access The Interior Journal newspaper.
Heritage Quest: Search HeritageQuest Online for census records, books, city directories, revolutionary war pensions, and Freedman’s Bank records. HeritageQuest can be accessed for free in the library or from home using your LCPL library card. Simply follow the link on the library website.
KY GenWeb: Lincoln County, Kentucky Marriage Indexes – searchable by bride or groom