Is becoming a public library trustee right for you?
· Do you have a love for your community?
· Do you believe in life-long learning?
· Do you believe in community first?
· Do you have an open mind and respect for the opinions of others?
· Do you have the willingness to learn and grow as an individual and be part of a team?
· Will you ensure that the citizens of Lincoln County have information and materials available to them on topics in which they are interested, even if other citizens find those topics offensive in some way?
· Will you work to secure adequate funding for the library’s service program and to exercise appropriate fiduciary oversight? Public library boards are legally responsible for the library’s finances and financial management.
Do you have the qualifications to be a public library trustee?
· Have you been a legal county resident for at least one year?
· Do you have the ability to attend board meetings on the second Monday of each month at 4:00 p.m.?
· Do you have the ability to be an advocate for the library with leaders in the community, state, and nation?
· Do you have the skills to understand financial reports and budgets?
· Are you related to, or otherwise closely associated with anyone now employed by the library or on the Board of Trustees?
· Select, support, and review competent and qualified library director.
· Plan for the future by determining the purposes and goals of the library in relation to the community.
· Secure adequate funds
· Know local and state laws; actively support library legislation in the state and nation.
For more information, please join us on the 2nd Monday of the month at 4:00 p.m.