The Lincoln County Public Library is proud to offer Internet Access and additional computer software programs to enhance the information available to the public. By applying for a library card, patrons agree to abide by the internet policy when using the library’s equipment.
Not all information provided through Internet sources is accurate, complete, or current information and may be offensive or dangerous. The Library assumes NO responsibility for the content or accuracy of information obtained through Internet sources. It should be understood that use in a public environment prevents any guarantee of privacy.
USE BY MINORS
Parents or Legal Guardians will be responsible for the following:
- Monitoring their child’s access to inappropriate matter on the Internet and World Wide Web. The Library cannot control sites that children may select on the Internet, and staff cannot act in place of a parent to do so;
- Supervise the safety and security of minors when using electronic mail and other forms of direct electronic communications;
- Prevent unauthorized disclosure, use and dissemination of personal identification information;
- Prevent minor’s unauthorized access, including “hacking”, and other unlawful activities while online;
- Avoid minor’s access to materials harmful to them by monitoring all internet use.
The library staff is authorized to refuse anyone access to the Internet or Computers. The violation regulations are as followed:
- Unauthorized connection to the library’s network, hacking, and other unlawful activities.
- More than two people per station.
- Exceeding time limit when other patrons are waiting.
- Charge fees to library via Internet workstations.
- Exhibits pornographic material on Internet workstations. (KRS 531.020)
- Violating copyright or software licenses while using Internet workstations. (US copyright law, Title 17, US Code)
- Use of Internet workstations to harass others.
- Illegal activities on Internet workstations, including but not limited to identity theft.
- Misrepresenting oneself on the Internet via Internet workstations.
- Intentional damage to workstation, printers, and/or additional property, including by your young children.
- Altering hardware and or software configurations, or saving information to the hard drive.
- The 1st violation of this policy will result in a verbal and written warning that must be signed by patron. Written warning will be kept on file at the library.
- The 2nd violation of this policy will result in loss of Internet/Computer Access for six months.
- The 3rd violation of this policy will result in permanent loss of Internet/Computer Access.
If the Director deems an act unsuitable, an individual may immediately lose all Internet/Computer privileges.
GENERAL RULES FOR INTERNET/COMPUTER USE
- To use the computers, patrons must sign into the computer using their library card number.
- Guests may use the computers by showing a valid ID.
- Patrons can sign up for one hour of computer use. When the hour is up, you must leave the workstation if another patron is waiting. ***If you have used the computer for an hour in the day and someone is waiting to use the computer, you will be required to sign-off.
- No more than two people per workstation are allowed.
- Each black and white page printed will cost $.20 per page.
- Library computers automatically shut down 30 minutes before closing.
- Library staff can assist in getting you started, but are not available for in-depth training.
Thank you for your cooperation.